Website Resources / Inspiration:
Installation Resources / Inspiration:
- ‘Frozen Time’ Installation / Dorell.Ghotmeh.Tane / Architects
- Abstraction Installation / Hornung And Jacobi Architecture + Axel Schenke
- “Line, Surface, Space“ Installation / Kawahara Krause Architects
- Inflatable, Light-Infused Installation in Germany
- Firewall by Aaron Sherwood & Mike Allison
- Iris by Hybe
- Murmur - from sound to light, by talking to walls
- ShapeShift by Manuel Kretzer
- Luce, Edward. In Spite of the Gods: The Rise of Modern India. Random House, 2010.
- Sethi, Aman. A Free Man: A True Story of Life and Death in Delhi. Norton, 2013. (Part of Arch 693 assigned reading)
- Carla M. Sinopoli, The Political Economy of Craft Production: Crafting Empire in South India, c. 1350–1650. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2003. xiv + 354 pp. ISBN: 0-521-82613-6 (hbk.).
- Carla M. Sinopoli, Kathleen D. Morrison, Land Use and Settlement in the Metropolitan Region: Results of the Vijayanagara Metropolitan Survey (pdf)
- Fritz, J. M. (1986), Vijayanagara: Authority and Meaning of a South Indian Imperial Capital. American Anthropologist, 88: 44–55. doi: 10.1525/aa.1986.88.1.02a00030
- Matthew LeDuc, Discourses of Heritage and Tourism at a World Heritage Site: The Case of Hampi, India, Society for Applied Anthropology, June 2012.
- M S Rao, Traditional Urbanism and Urbanization (link)
- Lycett, Mark T., and Kathleen D. Morrison. "The “Fall” of Vijayanagara Reconsidered: Political Destruction and Historical Construction in South Indian History." Journal of the economic and social history of the Orient 56 (2013): 433-470. (pdf) (Also attended talk at Center for South Asian Studies, University of Michigan)
- Bazaar street (3D walkthrough of Virupaksha Temple Bazaar Street) (link)
- Board games from the city of Hampi (link)